Re: [NTLK] "The Device"

From: John M. Powell (iwillbefreedotcom_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 16:21:57 EDT

> Well, I hate to disagree with the above observations, but the
> grout that you
> say is rendered, if you look more closely, is a reflection, and the lens
> flare, is obviously because the camera was too close. Look at the
> overexposure of the top part of the device. That would be
> difficult to fake,
> in my opinion, oh, and the screen looks color to me. That
> silver-look would
> be difficult to reproduce in greyscale. If you convert your screen to
> greyscale with iTunes open, you will see the result. :-) Not that I trust
> this thing, but the place and the hardware seem to be physical. It's the
> content of the screen that makes me suspicious. :-)
> --
> Jon Glass
> Krakow, Poland
> <jonglass_at_usa.net>
> <glasshaus5_at_aol.com>
>
> 'A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely
> overthrow
> the liberties of America than the whole force of the common
> enemy. While the
> people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their
> virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the
> first external
> or internal invader." -- Samuel Adams

I used to do some rendering (ray-tracing). Too many things make me thing
these aren't real pictures. It may very well be a real device. I don't
think the 'photos' are though.

I've really gotten attached to some of the software I use... they'd have
to create a NewtonOS emulator for me to consider it any time soon.

John