Re: [NTLK] VNC

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 19:02:39 EDT

> From: Vernon Lemoignan <greenguy_at_oanet.com>
>

> When I try to connect to my G4 it links and then disconnects leaving my
> link still up. I have to reset the newton to force the link off.

I think there's still a problem with the NIE link getting released.

> I have installed the new version a couple of times as well as the server
> on my mac.
>
> I could get it to connect with no video a couple of days ago, but now it
> wont connect at all.
>
> all other network operations seem ok.

what Encoding are you using? how far is it getting -- could you
check/report the last status and any errors messages in the Log window?

> I am using DHCP as I am connected to a hub which is connected to a cable
> modem with multiple IP's.
>
> I have set the connection prefs in VNC to the macs IP ,display 0, port
> 5900 and the password that is setup in VNC server.
>
> I'm running Mac OS 9.2
>
> Am I missing something? Is there a magic word? Help!

I've connected to both a PC and Mac via my hub also without problem (though
the Chromi Mac server seemed to disconnect after awhile, esp. if I was using
full screen; maybe server was timing out?)

--
Steve