Re: [NTLK] If a new Apple PDA did come out...

From: Samuel Jacobson (jacobson98_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 22:44:14 EDT

  While I would love to see the evolution of the Newton continue, and feel
that it would indeed be interesting to see a color unit with better memory
and storage space in a smaller form factor, I have wondered if I would be
one to purchase even though I have liked my MP120. While money certainly
would be a consideration, my largest concern is a matter of whether to
trust that Steve Jobs (et al.?) would keep the platform alive. I personally
would not be interested in entering into a "love affair" with another
eventually dead platform. Thus while it is generally impossible to see the
Fate of a product I would be cautious entering into a purchase of a most
likely higher priced PDA with the thought that it may not have many
anniversaries. I would also think that some markets, such as education,
would certainly think twice about possibly being "burned again" by an Apple
product of this kind, whether or not the original killing of the Newton was
justified, even if the new line is not called Newton.

  Just a thought...

Sam

Always remember, "Ad astra per aspera"...

email:
      jacobson98_at_earthlink.net
      or
      sjacobso_at_chuma.cas.usf.edu

Lab. Telephone (via Dr. Susan Bell): 813-974-5420

SnailMail:
     Department of Biology
     University of South Florida
     SCA 110