Re: [NTLK] O/T - Unintended feature of the iPod

From: SlashDevNull (SlashDevNull_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 13:06:01 EDT

Salutations,

  That is my point. I did not mean anyone in particular and yet you seem to
feel a need to defend yourself and your opinions. Again.

  I was careful not to mention iPod as 'the' product after the first
sentence. I was not even inferring the iPod as the 'product'. I meant a
general product and I was careful not to to be specific.

  My question (now to be specific) is why someone would do the actions that
you are doing? I'm not saying that they are wrong or that you are wrong.
Nor am I saying that you need to defend yourself. I am just curious as to
why anyone would continually criticize a product? Is it to point out a
different product? Are you try to change someone's mind who thinks it is a
good product? If you change a person's mind would you be happy? If you
changed everyone's mind and made a product a complete flop would you brag
about that you made it flop or that you were right?

  What I am asking is why someone would continually criticize a product?
I can understand if say 'A company was converting to windows instead of
buying Macs'. After all, everyone would be using windows rather than Macs
everyday.

  But if there is a stand alone product that doesn't really affect someone
unless they buy it, why would someone continually criticize it? I see a
difference between continually praising a product and continually
criticizing it. Maybe there isn't.

David