Re: [NTLK] iPod!

From: Bill davis newton (newton_at_mail.ecity.net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:42:19 EDT

Really. Then how are you going to get data on your MP3 player or burn
CD's of your MP3? Digital hub. How are you going to back up your
PDA's data? Digital hub. How are you going to edit the movies on your
digital video camera and then burn 'em to DVD. Digital hub.

Get it?

You can do this with ANY computer. But Apple is focusing on making
Macs better digital hubs -- much better integrated and easier for
regular folks (not us technogeeks) to use. It's their forte and
Apple's core philosophy. And the reason why most techno-geeks hate
them -- if mere mortals can use computers, who needs Gates and
Windows? And note that "easier to use" and "has every technogeek bell
and whistle" can both be "better" if viewed from different
viewpoints/needs. Most folks need easier, faster and reliable, most
geeks want every feature known to man and then some.

 - Bill