Re: [NTLK] Replying

From: Loren Finkelstein (Loren_at_Finkelstein.Net)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 14:27:42 EDT

Of course, when replying, it is best to word your responses so that people
know what you are talking about, without needing to see what you are
replying to.

"Yes, I agree" is a dumb post.

"Yes, I agree" with an original quote included is better, but still fairly
dumb.

"Yes, I agree that we should stay on topic" is the better still, with or
without including the quote it refers to.

Not posting at all, unless you have something new to contribute to the
conversation, or something specific to argue, is the best choice. :-)

Loren