Re: [NTLK] Newton Message Pad

From: Bill Davis (newton_at_ecity.net)
Date: Thu Oct 25 2001 - 23:33:34 EDT

To answer your Newton related comment first:

>Thanking you all for your patience - oh, and as a newton-related comment:
>VNC ROCKS!

SURE DOES! I couldn't believe it when I first saw it. Awesome. Way to
go Steve! "We're not worthy!" Gotta get a Mac VNC server and try 'er
out this weekend.

Lessee....we got Java/Waba. We've got ATA. We've got VNC. Next
stop....WiFi/802.11/AirPort? I hope so. While I like my HandEra 330 for
many things I used to use my Newton for....I don't think the HandEra
would make as a good wireless web browser or VNC client....even though it
does have available a VNC client and the ability to support a CF WiFi
card and a much larger screen than most PalmOS units.

Now....those who aren't interested can stop reading as we move on to your
other, non-Newton remarks:

>Bill - we have a saying down here.
>Pull your head in.
(etc)

We have a saying up here...."freedom of speech". We're rather passionate
about it. Especially these days. I thought y'all had it down there
too....

I'll say what I please about any issue under discussion here, Newton or
not. Feel free to do the same, argue with me, or to ignore me
completely....just don't try to tell me what I can and can't talk about.
I won't stand for it. Period. I'm a pretty reasonable, open guy, but
that's an issue I won't compromise on. Nor will I "suffer fools gladly."
 (I'm NOT talking about you.)

By the way....I'm waiting with bated breath to see some cool NZ scenery
in a few months in the first of the three Lord Of The RIngs movies. I
hear they filmed it down there due to the huge variety of scenery y'all
have there in a relatively compact area, which they needed for the
various locales visited in the books. Whoops, sorry, off-topic again!
;-)

 - Bill