Re: [NTLK] A Newton Question! (cables!)

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Oct 26 2001 - 10:29:47 EDT

On 10/25/01, greenguy quoth:
>yes, one end of the cable is USB, the other is Mini DIN 8, although it only
>has 7 of the eight pins. Pin seven (uppermost middle) isn't broken, it just
>wasn't ever there. I assume it wasn't used.

Sounds like a camera cable. I think the old Nikon USB cables were
similar to this, but I don't have one handy so I could be wrong.

On the topic of cables: Does anyone know if the QuickTake and Newton
MiniDIN8 to 9 pin serial cables are the same? I'd test my two, but
someone stole my multi-meter so I can't. They do have different part
numbers, so I'm curious.

later,

--
ben.