Re: [NTLK] Archived Newton-Inc.com Sites!

From: Grant [Critical Shortage] Hutchinson (grant_at_splorp.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 16:21:00 EST

In a previous message, Gary Zambrano typed vigorously:

>Get ready for lots of browsing because some of the older third-party sites
>are archived as well. Some links are broken but still you can find lots of
>info and quite possibly some packages.
>
>http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.newton-inc.com

Whoa! I never thought of using the Archive.org site to find locate copies
of the old Newton site. Absolutely, brilliant! I've used this site before
to find copies of old web sites I designed years ago, but this is even
better. Great for locating information from old Newton developer sites or
publications:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.landware.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.catamount.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.allpen.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.tactile.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.enfour.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.volksware.com/mobilis/

I've noticed that if some of the graphics don't load on the archived
pages, try right-clicking (Windows) or command-clicking (Mac) to reload
the particular image. It seems that the archive.org servers are a bit
overwhelmed at the moment and the connections time out.

g.

Grant Hutchinson Interface Considerations & Toys

Now fortified with daily ramblings. http://www.splorp.com/blog/
Newton. It's the Palm with a brain. http://www.splorp.com/newton/