Re: [NTLK] Build your own Newton?

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:15:21 EST

Ed & Jon,

> The form factor of the Newt is more than perfect.

I agree. There is a definite relationship between screen size and what a
device can achieve. As you progress from a wrist watch to a studio display
greater are the tasks you can usefully perform.

I did a little experiment just now blanking off the MP2K screen to that of
the palm (ignore the resolution differences!) and tried to write at my
normal speed and quantity and it's very difficult. Also there is little
blank space to write in as text is recognized without having to scroll.

Trying to edit a decent sized Works doc is also very tedious in such a small
space as there is insufficient context and you would have to endlessly
scroll around to read it properly. Tabbed columns are next to impossible and
drawing in Works is constrained too much.

Now my eyes hurt...

Joel.