Re: [NTLK] Newton Works question

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 13:15:21 EST

Jim,

> I am using NCU and have the Newt happily in dock mode. I press Newton Works
> export in NCU and the dialogue box comes up saying "preparing for transfer",
> and then comes up with a list of documents. I select one and it says- "Could
> not complete your request because the Claris XTND system is not installed. Try
> reinstaling XTND."

Do you have the following in your Claris folder in the System folder:

Claris XTND System (doc)
Claris Translators (folder)

...and in the Extensions folder:

XTND Power Enabler

Like Rich I am using Mac OS 8.6 and it works fine but there is a bug in the
NCU that appears if you export more than one document in a single transfer -
the last one fails to export and an error is reported.

Joel.