Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Voice Notes

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 21:36:17 EST

on 29/10/01 18:38, greenguy at greenguy_at_oanet.com wrote:

> yes, like paying to register with Modasys, I have followed the instructions
> in the demo package, but that doesn't seem to generate a response from them.
> Since I have found that most companies who produced Newton Software have
> neglected their software registration system I assumed that the maker of
> Voice Notes may be difficult to get a registration from.
>
> I had no idea they had a current web site.
>
> I appreciate the re-direction, but not the ,oh so subtle way, you insinuate
> that I was looking for free software.
>

>> From: "Ivan Shaw" <ishaw_at_sympatico.ca>
>> Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:13 -0500
>> To: "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]Voice Notes
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 29 2001 greenguy wrote:
>>> Is there anyway to get a registration for Voice Notes?
>>
>> You mean, like paying to register with Modasys?
>>
>> <http://www.modasys.de>

Try to send them another email. There isn't much anybody can do except them,
since VoiceNotes is based on some kind of unique internal serial number.

-Laurent.

creationism n.: The (false) belief that large, innovative software designs can be completely specified in advance and then painlessly magicked out of the void by the normal efforts of a team of normally talented programmers. In fact, experience has shown repeatedly that good designs arise only from evolutionary, exploratory interaction between one (or at most a small handful of) exceptionally able designer(s) and an active user population -- and that the first try at a big new idea is always wrong. Unfortunately, because these truths don't fit the planning models beloved of management, they are generally ignored.