Re: [NTLK] Newton Batteries

From: Chris Searles (csearles_at_netcologne.de)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 02:00:53 EDT

>I would not recommend NiMH cells for the 130. But 1000mAh NiCads will
>recharge in the machine with no problems. You'll also notice an improvement
>over the Apple pack if you use a PCMCIA modem or the backlight a lot. The
>NiCads recover from abuse very quickly.

Will they also recharge as individual batteries in the Newton and will
the docking/charging station (for the 130) recognize their load and
signal a charged state or will this only occur in the form of a
do-it-yourself battery pack? I'm asking cause I read somewhere that such
functions are only possible with a battery pack and that individual
batteries are better off being recharged in a separate battery charger.

Chris