Re: [NTLK] "Hot" connecting Newton to USB/Serial

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 14:24:08 EDT

on 9/2/01 3:26 PM, ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com at ThisOlNewt_at_aol.com wrote:

> For some odd reason. I need to keep my belkin unplugged from my I mac when I
> start up. When I want to use NCU I
> 1. Plug the belkin in the available usb port on my keyboard.
> 2. Attach my new to the serial cable and belkin adapter.
> 3. Launch NCU
> 4. DOCK.

The Keyspan has the same problem. In fact, the readme tells you that if you
have an internal modem, turning on the computer with a Keyspan adapter will
cause your modem control panel to switch from internal to the adapter. I
have personally experienced this. I guess you can say, that these adapters
really nothing more than mere hacks. :-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams