Re: [NTLK] Clarity memory issue

From: Diana Oakley (dianajoakley_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 23:00:53 EDT

>>> It seems like Clarity grabs memory and has a
difficult time letting
> go.

>And what happens if you free heap through Avi's
Backdrop or another
freeware
app ?

>Robert Benschop

It won't let me go anywhere. Anything I tap or any
key I use, like the "Extras" key, just generates an
error message.

I tried to store the Clarity package on a flashcard
and then use it on both the eMate that isn't upgraded
and the one that is. The upgraded eMate doesn't have
any problems, but the non-upgraded one does.

I deleted the Clarity package, I thought, from eMate
itself, but think that some of the information was
left behind. On the upgraded eMate, I get the
information I need. On the one that isn't upgraded, I
get entirely different information or partial
information. Sometimes, when I get partial
information on the eMate that isn't upgraded, I can
load classes, but when I go to the lesson plans
section, there is only a blank screen.

Now I'm wondering if I could somehow back up all the
information from the upgraded eMate, remove all traces
of Clarity from both eMates, back up the card, and
then erase it, and then reinstall Clarity and the
necessary information only on the card. I found
something called Clarity soups, Attendance soups,
lessons soups, but when I try to move them to the card
I get error messages.

It seems like Clarity should work on the eMate,
upgraded or not. Shouldn't I be able to use it via
flashcard between two eMates?

--
Diana Oakley