Re: [NTLK] blasphemy and maybe some hope

From: Daniel Smith (djoannidi_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 13:44:50 EDT

Funny enough, way back when, Apple had already designed and developed a
model for a Newton based "Tablet" Never mentioned, but pictures were
available for the public.

Some Apple employees were rather upset about this.
Then-CEO Michael Spindler was featured in a press-photo with his arms around
a variety of Apple technology. One of the items, on the side, was a nice,
legal-sized 'tablet' with a out-of-focus Newton Logo on it.

<flamebait>Makes you wonder where'd we be if Spindler was still in
charge</flamebait>

--
Daniel Joannidi Smith
Student Developer

(512) 619-5459 djoannidI_at_mac.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jon Glass" <jonglass_at_usa.net> To: "Newtontalk" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net> Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2001 1:36 AM Subject: Re: [NTLK] blasphemy and maybe some hope

<snip> > or planned for future use. One of those is the hand-writing engine. I just > read July's "Pen Computing" magazine, and there was a major article on > Window's up-coming pen-based tablet. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is > internally developing a similar device. :-)