[NTLK] Law (EOM)

From: eric engle (engleerica_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:12:26 EDT

No whether the object copyrighted is a painting,
photo, musical piece, play, software or whatever: if
it is copyrighted in the US it is a government created
monopoly held by a private person for the lifetime of
the author plus seventy years.

Perpetual copyright is ridiculous, unproductive and
unfair: who hold the copyright of fonts? No one. You
cannot copyright a fontface. Or a note. Or a color. Or
a shape.

Anyway I am not writing any further on this topic. My
only point was "If the people who made Dragon want to
release the thing and want a license I would happily
draft one". Had no idea it would spark debate, and if
you are curious when I have uploaded my masters thesis
in copyright law I will write the list with the URL.