Re: [NTLK] ON TOPIC: my new MP130!

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 16:16:32 EDT

on 9/7/01 4:01 PM, Filmer, Paul E. at pfilmer_at_nsf.gov wrote:

> 1) There are a couple of funky things about this MP -- in the Storage (?)
> folder there is a non-storage icon UniFEP, which I can't tell what language
> it is for - all the folder names and application names simply come up as
> little boxes, so I don't know if it's Kanji, Cyrillic or what. I could
> simply delete the icon, but I'm curious: I'd like to see a
> non-English/non-German Newt. Am I missing a pkg?
>
> 2) The Power Switch/backlight. Seems to have no spring - it's down for On,
> up for Off. There is no way to get the backlight on, it seems. And I can't
> hear a difference in the hum, since it simply turns off when I fiddle with
> it. Loose wires, perhaps.
>
> 3) Stylus - I already hate it. Does it always stick out like that? I can't
> believe Apple design would do that - it telescopes down, but then always
> springs back to show about 3mm beyond the edge of the case.
>
> 4) Color (well, this isn't an issue, but it is funky) -- OK now I understand
> the whole "it's green, no it's black" debate... this is definitely green,
> compared to the darker, more mysterious, MP2100.

UniFEP was, I think, a japanese input system of some sort. I'm sure somebody
will comment on this.

The Power switch should work like the one on a MP2100.

3mm beyond the edge of the case? That's not a lot! Probably starting to wear
off!

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook