Re: [NTLK] ON TOPIC: my new MP130! (UniFEP)

From: Filmer, Paul E. (pfilmer_at_nsf.gov)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 17:35:22 EDT

Thanks Sam, Ben -

Enfour made UniFEP for Newton for more than Japanese - they also have
Chinese and Cyrillic versions. I can't read Japanese or Chinese, but I would
be _very_ interested if this was Cyrillic. But...

What is strange is that there are no extra options for the keyboard, no
different fonts... how does one access what is in the pkg? I have tried
PkgBuddy to at least save it for later, but since it is a storage item, it
can't be extracted! Ah well. Time to scrub.

And after attempting that... well at least now I know that the icon was
empty:
"Location **RAM, Items 0, Size 1K" And I cannot delete, or scrub out a
storage icon.

But now the Power Switch is so funky I cannot get the Hard Reset dialog up.
It simply always comes on after doing a soft reset. Next step, remove both
battery types and leave overnight? Perhaps this is burned into the ROM (do I
have a Japanese 130??), and I am stuck with no package names, only icons?

We shall see...

Paul F.