Re: [NTLK] Do Flash Cards get fragmented?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 07:15:34 EDT

Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 14:26:37 +0200
Subject: Re: [NTLK] Do Flash Cards get fragmented?

> I have a utility called Soup Sweep that is supposed to clear empty slots. Is
> this safe to use as far as people know. It is an older utility.
--snip--
I don't know, but here's an interesting one. When I was playing around,
trying to get Dragon to work, I froze just about every package. When I
thawed everything, I noticed my maximum available heap was up about 45K
(MP2100). It was higher than the max I get from a soft reset. I don't
know the mechanism, but it seems to work consistently.

--
Mark Rollins
mark_at_mrollins.com