[NTLK] Re - Rugged 130's

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 19:31:44 EDT

> At least, it died in style...

Oh yeah! It belonged to my brother. His wife, responsible for the
green tea, was *that* close to die in style, too...

>> MP 130: 6 ( 2 shut off immediately
> Did you try to fix this with FixTrax?

No. "Immediately" means just that. Another translation: "Way faster
than what I would need to install a package".
This is a typical MP130 fault which Dr. Newton mentions at his site
as one of the problems he can fix. If anybody knows a way of tapping
his brain without him noticing it, please let me know...

> They never do though, and I once dropped it badly. It spat out all cards
and
> pens, and opened everything it could open (incl. case) to abandon ship.
> Nothing broke, it was back up again in less then one minute.

You are right, but that's not 130 specific. All Newtons are rugged in that
aspect. I never killed a Newton by letting it fall to the floor (and a fair
amount of my Newtons did). The first time my Palm fell, it was dead.
Fortunately I was able to resurrect it by taking it apart and re-setting all
cables.

> Looking at the "one piece" aspect, my OMP beats them all, of course ;)

Correct. Just today I used two of those for testing DotClock (soon to be
released), and boy, what a phantastic display. What a contrast. Beats all
newer models hands down. If this thing had backlight and could be powered
by AA size batteries, it'd be my favourite.

Frank