Re: [NTLK] Well... you know what...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 00:31:04 EDT

<snip>
> store the
> lost property for a fixed amount of time (which I
> think is 2 years or so) to
>
> give the owner a chance to claim his property. After
> that time it's yours.
> This is how I once came into possesion of a bicycle
> that some thief
> obviously had abandoned in a forest. Two years later
> it was mine. Legally.

sounds like a national Lost-and-found department! But
2 years?!? sheesh! Here in the states, I found an
abandoned car in a parking lot that had good parts for
my classic that I was restoring. I contacted the
parking lot's owner, asked him if I could "tow" the
car away. He agreed. I towed it to my house, contacted
the DMV. Got the car's owner's address and sent 3
registered letters every 30 days for 90 days. Waited
an additional 30 days then took my documents to the
DMV and registered it in my name. All said and done,
the car was mine within 5 months!
Ed
web/gadget guru

=====
note: This does not constitute a sig file...