Re: [NTLK] NPDS and tracker via ethernet to PC dial-up 56K

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 01:25:17 EDT

>I have a problem with the newest version of the NPDS tracker and
>server somewhat. When I try to register my newt with the NPDS
>server tracker all that I get is an "oops, the server returned an
>error:" on my newt or a bad request error on my newt and it won't go
>through. Any thoughts about that?

This probably occurred because you were already registered to the
server. Therefore it returned a "400 Bad request error" message when
you sent a register command. This is what Matt's tracker does.
Victor's tracker say "400 Host is already registered" or something
like this.
If you don't want to see 400 messages from the server, just uncheck
the corresponding check box in the prefs (this feature was added in
Tracker Client 2.035).

Sometimes, the tracker server is unreachable. There is an interface
bug in the tracker client, in that case, you get : "Oops, the server
returned an error:" without anything else. If it's the case, check
your internet connection and/or gateway settings. It can also be that
the server is down. Try Victor's tracker which seems to be more
stable.

Paul

--
Home page: http://www.kallisys.com/