Re: [NTLK] Deepest sympathy for the assassinated

From: Mikebridg_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 01:23:49 EDT

In a message dated 12/9/01 4:14:56 am, nemesys_at_cox.rr.com writes:

<< I'm not sure about that, John. These people are already dead. This
obviously
didn't deter them from doing it. I'm certainly not making any accusation,
but think of all the suicide bombers in Palestine. Those people are
desperate. Even if you could retrieve those that, like president Bush said,
"harbored" terrorism, you would still facing a lot of others ready to take
the helm. It's like trying to eradicate ants. The more you kill them, the
more they seem to be coming back.

Laurent Thanks for replying to this message - you have put it much better
than I can - I tend to despair when faced with calls to escalate violence, we
need to talk and to recognise that extremism and absolutism are the real
causes of these acts.

MIke

Mike Bridgwater