Re: [NTLK] Thanks to our British friends

From: Paul Grothaus (pgrothaus_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 04:44:11 EDT

I read each of the many posts concerning the recent terrorist attack against
the US. While I shared the feelings expressed by most and understand the
feelings expressed by those I disagree with, I refrained from joining in.
However, I have to react to what I just watched on the news because this is
the only forum through which I have any significant interaction with people
in Great Britain.

At the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace, the US flag was raised
and the US national anthem was played. The tribute which your royal family
and nation paid to the US touched me to my core, especially when you
consider the history of when that anthem was penned in the 1812 war between
you and our young country.

People often speak of the "special relationship" between our countries since
WWI and WWII. It is more than special - it's what we in Hawaii call "Ohana"
(Family). Mahalo and Aloha (Thanks and Love) to GREAT Britain and to all
others standing beside us in this crisis.

Paul Grothaus
Mililani, Hawaii