Re: [NTLK] [OT] Thanks to our British friends

From: System Support Products, Inc. (sspi_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 19:27:29 EDT

At 10:44 PM -1000 9/13/01, Paul Grothaus wrote:
>At the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace, the US flag was raised
>and the US national anthem was played. The tribute which your royal family
>and nation paid to the US touched me to my core, especially when you
>consider the history of when that anthem was penned in the 1812 war between
>you and our young country.

    I saw this the other night as well, during a report about reaction
from around the world, and felt the same way. I've always been
thankful that we have such a great neighbor "across the pond".

    Thanks to all of those in other European countries who observed
the 3 minutes of silence the other day, as well.

    Regards,

    - Lou Forlini