[NTLK] AW: Caclulators, WP's & then OT: Browser Issues on Macs.

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Tue Sep 18 2001 - 02:05:20 EDT

Hi Timothy,

[Johannes Wolf] Snip I also
downloaded a few sci-calcs & graphing 101 to find a good calculator
for it, but cannot find that plug-in/extension for NewtWorks'
spreadsheet.
[Johannes Wolf] There is a plugin called WorksCalculations:Appl
 I never much use the spreadsheet, but would like a good
graphing calculator with X & Y coordinates. I use the word processor
area extensively & wish that I could have it do outlining the way
NOTES does! What a crippled feature in NewtWorks Word Processor! Any
ideas on a better solution to get it to outline? I am a
Claris/AppleWorks Junkie!
[Johannes Wolf] I have no experience with Claris works and thus no comparison to MS stuff.
But despite the fact that I am not happy with all the Bill gates stuff on my WinDose, I have to admit that the Mac version
of Office 2001 is very nice.

I hate one-up-man-ship, but I have one here... I cannot use any
version of Netscape 4.x or later on my Mac (StarMax 3000 with
Processor Upgrade) as when I quit the program, it locks my Mac up
tighter than a drum. Nothing I have done has fixed it. I removed all
the parts & pieces & still a reinstall from their website crashes me
when I quit the application. It got so bad it ate my OS & needed a
reinstall.
[Johannes Wolf] The most important question is: which version of MacOS you run??
I am forced to use IE 5.x (which refuses to see my YAHOO
mail account inbox, but sees all other web stuff) [Johannes Wolf] Snip
[Johannes Wolf] I never use my Browser for Email. There are lots of good Email programs
for the Mac which also offer the possibility to access several mail accounts (Office Entourage,
Cyberdog, Eudora, ...)

Cheers
Johannes