[NTLK] Newton 2100 + IrDA internet

From: Apostolos Koutropoulos (admiralak_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 12:46:33 EDT

Hi there.
I have a Newton 2100 with internet enabler on it.
I have read in articles elsewhere that I can check
mail and surf the web with PDAs such as the Palm + Pocket
PCs uusing the IrDA of my cell phone with the PDA IrDA to
connect to the internet. I know that I can use a PCMCIA
modem card or an ethernet card to log on to the net, but I
was wondering if there is a way to get online using my
phone's IrDA with my newton. The reason I dont like the
PCMCIA modem is that it is probably analog (which is what
phonelines here in the US are) but I travel to places that
have digital landlines as well, not to mention the fact
that I would prefer wireless ;)

so, anyone have an answer as to how I can achieve this ?

The phones that I am interested in making this work are the
Nokia 8290, the Nokia 8890 and any newer ericsson models
:)_

thanks!

AK

=====