Re: [NTLK] Emulating the MacOS [OT] (was New Newton User (Part II))

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 22:48:25 EDT

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Daniel Smith wrote:

> Anyone else use Basilisk II or other emulators? I'm noticing nice
> performance, but overall there's a couple of quirks that pop up.
>
> I've noticed the emulator will crash when a MacOS Installer attempts to
> reboot the Mac.
> I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with Basilisk.

I run Basilisk II under both Windows 2000SP2 and SuSE Linux 7.1. I
installed MacOS 7.5.5, works great except for a few caveats - like it will
never ever remember what my AppleTalk settings are, so every time I want
to connect using Ethernet I have to go to the AppleTalk control panel.
Otherwise, works great for everything. I followed these great
instructions:

http://www.kearney.net/~mhoffman/basiliskII/system753_tutorial/index.html