Re: [NTLK] Emulating the MacOS [OT]

From: Michael_Guzzo/Harmac_at_harmac.com
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 08:11:55 EDT

I use Basilisk II on a P3/550. No issues at all. Backup/Sync with NCU over
Ethernet works flawlessly and faaaaast!

BTW, I use WinNCU on this machine too and have no issues backing up (i.e.
"slowdown.exe" not needed). Go figure.

--
Michael Guzzo
http://home.att.net/~michael.guzzo/newton/newton.html

-- original message -- From: "Daniel Smith" <djoannidi_at_mac.com> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Emulating the MacOS [OT] (was New Newton User (Part II)) Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:34:48 -0500

Yeah - but this is a PIII 400. Regardless, the MacOS boots in seconds. I love that.

Anyone else use Basilisk II or other emulators? I'm noticing nice performance, but overall there's a couple of quirks that pop up.

I've noticed the emulator will crash when a MacOS Installer attempts to reboot the Mac. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues with Basilisk. -- Daniel Joannidi Smith Student Developer