Re: [NTLK] Another MP120 Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 09:53:37 EDT

on 9/21/01 12:00 AM, Samuel Jacobson at jacobson98_at_earthlink.net wrote:

> By the way, everyone, I noticed on the back of the unit that there is a
> small "Eagle" picture in the unit's power description from Apple. It looks
> very much like the German Eagle symbol and, thus, I thought this might be
> one of their German models. Yet the unit seems to have no
> "language/cultural" difference than my uMP2000 which does not have this
> emblem. Were there any differences between the German and American models?

It might be this, or it might be some kind of German safety certification.
If you look on many electrical devices, specially Apple's adapters, they're
often certified for UL (Underwriters Laboratories in the US), CSA (Canadian
Standards Association in Canada) and other certifications.

-Laurent.

marketroid /mar'k*-troyd/ n.: alt. `marketing slime', `marketeer',
`marketing droid', `marketdroid'. A member of a company's marketing
department, esp. one who promises users that the next version of a product
will have features that are not actually scheduled for inclusion, are
extremely difficult to implement, and/or are in violation of the laws of
physics; and/or one who describes existing features (and misfeatures) in
ebullient, buzzword-laden adspeak. Derogatory. Compare droid.