Re: [NTLK] Auto Expansion

From: Darl Singh (darl_at_ses.net.nz)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2001 - 19:02:05 EDT

Hi John
I've never come across a dictionary editor - although there is a limit on
the number of (built-in) expansions you can have (think its about 250-odd?)
and the built-in version does Ok for browsing and editing those.

Paul G's alt.rec is a great way of bypassing this - and has significantly
superior recognition also.

You can get any character except for backspace expanded - eg I use 'bul' to
expand to
<return>
<option-8> (bullet character)
<space>

(Yeah yeah - I know I should use outline - but this is convenient in the
middle of a normal note, ok? :-)

To enter an expansion:

-pull up the keyboard
-hit the 'dictionary' key bottom left corner
-type in the letter or phrase you want to expand ('bul' in my example above)
-hit <Expand>
-type the expanded text/characters (other stuff above)
-hit <add>

Hope this is of help: works on all my units! Please note: haven't tried
entering via the external keyboard.....that may make a difference?

-D