[NTLK] Nokia Names 2

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 11:58:04 EDT

> Hi Daniel,
>
> thanks a lot!

     You're welcome :)

> I have simply an older firmware version (04.27), thats why I miss the
phone type entries.
> So I have to find the next Nokia shop nearest to me in order to update the
firmware in my phone.

    Remember that they should do it for free.

> You also speak german?
    Ein bischen... I spent 2 months in Köln and Bonn with CDG

> There is really no need to transfer the "+" sign, because you will have to
delete it on your Newton anyway, because Newton uses
> the location (country) to determine the correct country code.
> But what I could imagine would be to "translate" the transmitted country
code into country names...
> You could use then the "+" sign in order to determine if there is a
country code or not and then translate it.
> Ok, its only an idea.

    It's a good idea indeed.

> What is curious to me is, that it seems to be possible to receive and
handle the IrDa code from the phone, because the new IRCom protocol is not
yet implemented in our Newt.
> It would be an absolute great thing to achieve a connection in the other
direction too.
> So we could use this connection to the phones modem...

    It should'n be so difficult, but the only one that has tried, that I
know of, is the creator of the ObEX stack, smart dog, and He said that the
newton could have a problem with packetized data. Or something like that.

    Coming Soon... I think I have found a way to connect via IR to...
 Orchestral music here. ;-) NCU!, Software printing bridges!, Terminal
Apps!....