[NTLK] Questions

From: UnravelUI_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 21:36:35 EDT

Hey, everyone. I've been subscribed to NewtonTalk for a week, but have just been watching... since most of the solution to my Newton problems, given enough time, will present themselves. However, I'm at the end of my rope on these two:

When trying to make a background for Avi's Backdrop, any image I import into Newton Press, even if it *is* 16 shades of gray, ends up being recalculated to four shades of gray. How annoying. As a result, I can't make gorgeous subtly-shaded backgrounds like the Phantom Menace and Toy Story backgrounds linked from Avi's web page - and they're just not my cup of tea. So, any tips on this? I'm using Photoshop, but I'm using Windows, too - that's prolly the entire problem right there, but when someone says "Hm, you're going to college and I just bought this computer, but there's this nifty new Pentium III chip coming out, I'll give it to you if you make good grades" you take it.

My second problem is finding the eMate upgrade. It doesn't exist anymore, does it? Or is it a well-kept secret? If anyone knows, please confess. :)

Thanks in advance,
David

"I am grate-ful... grapefruit."