Re: [NTLK] Energizer NiMH - a report.

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 23:01:07 EDT

At 12:19 PM 9/29/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>Hey 'ssiroad'...

ooW! How goes it my friend..?

>The Energ. ACCU's come in two capacities;
>1. 1200 mAh.
>2. 1600 mAh.
>
>Mine cost US$24.95 for wall charger and 4-1600 mAh. batts. Be careful,
>the packaging is the same 'except' for the mAh ratihg. I almost bought the
>lower capacity ones until I checked the label.

Mine cost about 30 bucks total for the 'big' charger (that recharges all
sizes of batteries) and 4 AA 1600mAh batts. And they no longer have the
same packaging. The 'normal' NiMH batts have a different packaging from
the 1600mAh batts.

>So far, 10-20 hours of use, light web/email use, 30-50% use of backlight,
>IrDA always on, even in my AMP2KU.

Cool...!

>One suggestion, get 'Nick's Battery Type'. It will give you a better read
>on the batts. status. In the Prefs., it will give a a choice of batt.
>types. And it's freeware.

Thank YOU so much! That gives me a much better idea of how these batteries
are doing (and so far they're doing *great*).

>------------------
> >Last night at my local variety store here in rural Washington state, I was
> >looking for AA Lithium batteries for my Newt when I ran across a new
> >battery Eveready. It's the Energizer ACCU Rechargable. These are NiMH
> >batteries specifically for high-drain devices (portable CD players, etc).
>------------------
>
>!ooW %-)
>"Those who are willing to sacrifice essential liberties for a little order,
>will lose both and deserve neither."- Benjamin Franklin
>
>Pres. of Los Angeles Newton Users Group!
> http://www.newtontalk.net
>

>--

David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net
http://www.davenet.net

ICQ UIN: XXXXXX <--- Please email me if you want my ICQ number.