[NTLK] Color LCD

From: Humphreys, David (david.humphreys_at_honeywell.com)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 09:24:47 EST

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you all know of a remarkable breakthrough
I have discovered.

I was tinkering with spare LCD screen I have and I noticed
that there are a number of option links on the flex board
marked SW1,2,3 & 4.

They are currently open. So I mounted a small 4 pole switch
on them and discovered that they control the LCD resolution
and color!!

When I flipped all the switches on, the screen went blank for
a moment and then reappeared @ 1280 x 960 !!!! in 16 colors!!!

The switches must change the scan frequency and the color is
due to the rapid switching of the LCD pixels. (Much like the
experiment with a rapidly rotating black and white disk that
appears to be colored)

I will experiment further with this 4-pole, single throw (401 switch)
and report back. ;)

PCBman