Re: [NTLK] WaveLAN alpha3 driver issues

From: Hobbes (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 02 2002 - 18:39:06 EST

Veril7 on Mon, Apr 1, 2002 Jesse Garnier quoth:
>* DHCP. I check every 10 minutes during the day and works 95% of the time
>with no problems. I have it set to disconnect from the Internet immediately,
>so I have to obtain a new address every time I connect. Occasionally,
>though, it will not obtain a DHCP address and will need to be rebooted
>before it will work properly. I don't know if this is a WaveLAN or NIE
>issue, since I've never checked this frequently with a wired card.

I had this issue at first too, but discovered knocking the IP lease on my base station back to ten minutes got rid of it. I think a base station can only handle 10 or so different IP's and then things get weird.

HTH.

later,

ben.
onefishtwofish_at_mac.com

Newton Connections: Obsessive Newton News
http://www.newted.org/~1f2frfbf/
Sent from a wirless Newton. Yes, I'm a geek.