[NTLK] Re - Battery query

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 18:36:59 EST

> Am I screwing up the batteries/my MP2100 by using the AC adaptor from an
> MP120?

Nope. You can use all (original Apple) adapters with all Newton models.
Robert answered to this question "Yes, just slower". Errmm, Robert...
Wuddaya mean???

> At the moment, my MP2100 is plugged in and the batt status shows 18% (or
> whatever) and a status of 'Charging'. When I *unplug* it, it shoots up to
> 100% charged with a status of 'Disharging'.

Wouldn' t worry too much about that. My 2000 also shows this behavior. The
battery meter shows a higher value when the Newton is running on the
rechargeable pack alone and decreases (at least if the pack is pretty much
discharged) as soon as the Newton starts charging.

"Helmut Fischer reported: On my original 9W power adapter (MP2100) it says
7.5V 1.2A. It also works with the MP130."

> I guess I want to know if the reverse is true, ie, if the H2200 adaptor
> works with an MP2100?

Yes, it will. It will charge the batts a little slower.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de