Re: [NTLK] 2100 battery recharge questions

From: Johannes Wolf (jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 03:07:50 EST

John,
What do you mean with NiMH batteries?
Just single R6 NiMH Cells in the battery holder or
the original battery pack (you can't see the particular cells).
In case they are in the battery holder you cannot charge them in your Newt
as long as the battery holder is not modified.
In principle NiMH cells have nearly no memory effect and therefore you can
charge them whenever you want.
Despite this fact I experienced that it might help to apply a few complete
charge/discharge cycles to a battery pack which performs not very well or
has not been used for a longer time.

Johannes