Re: [NTLK] Quickport: Help!

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 03:56:43 EDT

on 4/7/02 7:17 PM, eric engle at engleerica_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with Quickport and a
> Macintosh 68k that they could share? I would like to
> get quickPort to work, but for some reason it does not!

I haven't used Zterm and Quickport for ages, and don't remember how well it
worked. I normally used QuickPort with Claris Works 4's comm module. You
have set up Zterm for 9600bd, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, and no parity, and
set it up for a serial connection, right? Maybe you could email me off list
if nobody else responds. I can try installing Zterm on my computer to
refresh my memory. I have used the two together, and a couple other programs
besides it and CW, so I know it should work. (and yes, it was on a Quadra)
:-)

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! - I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry