Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 04:17:59 EDT

> BUT!!!! from what I'm hearing...these cd/mp3/CDR
> players have trouble playing these new copy protected
> music CDs that are being created.
This is partially true and highly dependent on the type of CD and its
content. But in the really hard cases I simply re-digitize the audio from my
home HiFi-CD-Player on my Mac and burn either the audio (AIFF) or the MP3
file. The minimal reduction in quality caused by going analog is anyway
non-audible because external noise (airplane, car, environment, etc.). If
you're really audiophile and want to enjoy the good quality of the record as
well you'll need a silent room and very good speakers or headphones.

However, with the audio card of my Siemens Scenic xB 800 PEECEE in the
office I would never attempt to re-use any digitized sound. This card
catches electromagnetic noise from inside the PEECEE box which is overlayed
to the sound and quite strong. The noise changes with computer activity,
e.g. it gets louder on HD activity and so on... :-((

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG