Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Oliver Brose (oliver.brose_at_t-online.de)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:42:22 EDT

> From: "Marco Mailand" <Newton2k1_at_mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs
> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 18:28:35 +0200
>
> A last possibility is always as we did some ten years ago: Recording from
> radio. The quality of stereo FM is very good, at least comparable with CD
> quality and after recording with e.g. MD or directly to the Mac HD the so=
und
> can be burned w/o download fees or buying a fu@!#$up CD.

Err, you seem to have a very good tuner, or somewhat different conditions.
FM Radio in Germany is awfully compressed (as junk CDs) to sound acceptable
even on the smallest piece of junk-fi, and the rare good stations that do
not play the usual brainwash-pop-junk up and down, or at least select very
well from it, suffer from noise-levels up to my waist. Classical music via
radio & headphones? Unbearable. At least over antenna and cable. I am
thinking about getting digital satellite radio since they took BBC World ou=
of my cable. That could be recorded to the Mac, but the signal is also far
below CD quality, but it should beat FM by far.

in junkmode,

Oliver :)

--
- Macs sind f=FCr die, die nicht wissen wollen, warum Ihr Rechner funzt.
- Linux ist f=FCr die, die wissen wollen, warum er funzt.