[NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 07:35:16 EDT

I've gotten a lot of responses from people who think the RioVolt SP100,
an mp3/cd player is a great machine for the price ($90 give or take).

Why would I want this rather than save my pennies and get an iPod?
Granted the iPod can't play cd's, but I could put tons of cds into it.

By the way, since I have an original blueberry iBook, is there anyway to
get an exterior device to be able to use firewire, allowing me to run
itunes and hook up the iPod or other firewire devices?

Please don't hesitate to email me privately to free up the list from
unnecessary trafficing in iPod/MP3 information.

Thanks.

mark