Re: [NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question

From: Joost van de Griek (gyorpb_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 16:48:18 EDT

On 2002-04-09 13:35, "good-dog_at_northshore.net" <good-dog_at_northshore.net>
wrote:

> By the way, since I have an original blueberry iBook, is there anyway to
> get an exterior device to be able to use firewire, allowing me to run
> itunes and hook up the iPod or other firewire devices?

Well, there'd be the choice of hooking it up to either Ethernet or USB,
neither of which is a possibility, AFAIK.

But, as enquiring minds found out very shortly after the original iBook was
released, it already has the solder-pads and mounting holes on the
motherboard for a FireWire connector and supporting logic chips.

A quick search around the Internet should tell you if anyone ever managed to
add FireWire to a USB-only iBook, and if it is a feasible procedure to try
at home...

,xtG
.tsooJ

--