Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: Karel Jansens (kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 11:38:00 EDT

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:48:33 -0600, Alex wrote:

>I got my NuShiedl today and what a junk product!
>It just makes your screen blurier, does not decrease reflection from the
>screen a bit.

NuShields have a shiny and a textured side. Have you tried reversing it? I
quite enjoy the "rough "side.

>I might just offer protection against stratches, but othe then that you
can
>just
>cut piece of plastic that you use for transparency presentation and it
will
>work just as good.

You are basically correct, but it is quite hard to find a plastic or
polymer that combines the ruggedness and responsiveness of NuShields. And
cutting them into that exact shape might not be as easy as you think.

>Besides that shiled already have dust and pieces of small hair on them!

Clean your screen and your NuShield thoroughly before applying!
Start with the businesscard around the rim and make sure you remove
_every_ fleck of dust. Trust me, anything you leave will stay there to
make your Newton life miserable (I found out the hard way).

>I know I will be flamed for this postings, but this is just my opinion.
>Alex

Yes, this list is famous for flaming <G>.

--
Karel Jansens
kareljansens_at_tiscalinet.be