Re: [NTLK] Newtonlink- newer version?

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 15:55:43 EDT

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 03:39:53PM -0400, John Ruschmeyer wrote:
> 1) Is there a newer version somewhere else (i.e., someone doing ongoing
> development)?

i have plans on taking newtonlink to places it hasn't been before,
particularly doing actual synching with Ximian Evolution and Korganizer,
and using the MoreInfo extra soup information.

Pie-In-The-Sky plans include working over TCP and with the dock app on
the Newton side.

right now, however, all i have are plans. I'm just beginning to
understand s(l)oup programming. NewtonLink is written in Perl, a
language i'm familiar with. i'll get there, but don't hold your breath.
there are other projects in the queue (some of which were placed there
by my boss and my wife -- both jump right to the top), taking precedent
over stuff i WANT to do. :)

when i have enough to start, i'll consider forking newtonlink and
putting it up on sourceforge or seeing if i can get a hold of some of
the original newtonlink authors and taking over the package.

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

This message composed in an MFCE (Microsoft Free Computing Environment). Courtesy of Debian GNU/Linux www.debian.org