[NTLK] SimpleMail problems

From: Dave (dc623_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:02:04 EDT

I already copied Simon on this, but was wondering if anyone here had any
ideas?

Every time I go to send some messages in my outbox, about 17 are sitting
there, all are addressed and ready to go.

Tap the send button, tell it to use my 3c589 enet card or my dialup modem,
it loads the PPP/Ethernet drivers, connects, DNS's my smtp server, attempts
to encode the first message and then errors with 'Unknown Newton Error
208252916' and below that pops up 'Sending "My Message Subject" as text onl=
because encoding failed'. The last 3-4 numbers of the first error number
change each iteration.

Receiving appears to work ok.

I have about 100k free on the internal store and 700k free on my memory
card, card is the default store.

Another issue is that SM often stops doing anything during send/receive an=
just returns control to the inbox with internet connection in the star menu=
.
No noise, no errors, still mail (send or receive) left to process, but it
just stops. Connection type doesn=B9t matter (Serial, Enet, Modem).

Its an upgraded MP2k.

Thanks.