Re: [NTLK] Exporting Rich Notes

From: Paul Zenk (pzenk_at_kc.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 17:38:19 EDT

I use Nisus Writer 5.1 and Newton Connection Utilities (NCU) to
export notes from my newton to my Mac. My procedure with a Newton
2100 and a Mac:

1. Start NCU on Mac.
2. Start dock on newton, select connect on newton.
3. Select export in NCU on Mac.
4. Select Note option in the pop up window that appears on Mac.
(Window indicates Dates, Names, Notepad, Notepad (text only) and
ToDo)>
5. In pop up window name exported file. (Rich text format is the only
format option at the bottom of the window.) Select export.
6. In export pop up window, choose select.
7. A list of all notes on your newton pops up on the Mac.
8. Chose which notes you want. Use the apple or clover key to add
more than one.
9. Select export.
10. After export, quit NCU.
11. Start up Nisus Writer 5.1
12. In Nisus Writer select open
13. In Show: select RTF (also has NewtonWorks listed)
14. Select file in the pop up menu.

If I don't select RTF in step 13, but leave all available checked in
Show:, the note is garbled.
I hope this helps.
Paul