Re: [NTLK] Recommended newsreader?

From: Steven Frank (stevenf_at_panic.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 17:52:19 EDT

On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 12:50 PM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> Your best bet is really InkSpot, believe me.

It does seem to have the best user interface of all the newsreaders.

> However, as you may be
> experiencing, InkSpot will sometimes "chokes" on some weird messages.
> When
> that happens, I go open the system soup, search for an entry containing
> "ink
> spot", ...[snip]

Yikes! How often does this happen?

I tried the suggestion from an earlier message in the NewtonTalk
Archives and "caught up" the group that was having the problem. Then
InkSpot was fine again.

Also, the version of InkSpot I pulled off UNNA seems to be much older
than the most recent one on dejavusoftware.com. I downloaded that
(1.27) and downloaded 250 articles without any problems.

Thanks for your help,

Steven