Re: [NTLK] 68K RoM image

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 00:28:19 EDT

on 12/04/02 21:17, scOtty teCHnoir at ticknor_at_punkass.com wrote:

> AHHH ok Laurent. Good point. I stand humbly corrected;) I knew I should
> have kept it to myself!
>
> Yours neurotically,
> scOtty teCHnoir

Hey, no hard feeling, Scott. I see you have a good sense of humor!

-Laurent.

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage. Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted. See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory smash, overrun screw, core.